- Thanks to a breakthrough in DNA technology UK Police are encouraging dog owners to register their dogs on a dog DNA database as a viable way to put an end to the cruelty and heartache caused by dog thieves for so many people and pets so far in 2021
- During lockdown puppy prices soared in the UK and demand is not showing any signs of easing which has led to a huge rise in dog theft and criminal gangs remove dog microchips with scanners to make dogs untraceable yet nobody can change your dogs DNA
- As announced by the Gov UK Pet Theft Taskforce in September Police have updated their computer systems nationally so that from now on when you report a stolen dog you provide your Dog DNA Register details along with images and the microchip number
- Available for every dog whether specific breed or mixed breed First you simply order the dog theft DNA kit and when it arrives you simply register the kit online and swab your dogs mouth to collect saliva then return the swabs in the prepaid envelope
- A caring gift for any dog owner and more effective dog theft prevention than any fancy gps tracker etc especially when Safehaus also supply powerful visible deterrent clothing and accessories such as Police branded bandanas dog lead and garden signs
Get back to living life to the full with your best furry friend!
Q and As:-
Q- What is the story behind Safehaus?
A- Safehaus was born over 10 years ago, when our founder was personally attacked in Manchester City Centre and pretty much ever since have specialised in providing products that improve the security and health of people and pets. Most of us here are caring responsible dog owners who have been horrified by the rise of dog theft and some even have family directly affected
Q- Can I take the saliva sample myself?
A- In a word yes, though if you feel you might struggle yourself then we do allow someone else to be named as the sampler. This could be a friend, family member or a vet
Q- Is this a Breed Dog ID test?
A- We do not offer any dog breed test products as we know them to be both inaccurate and kind of pointless! You know if you have a Labrador right? We only provide services that will improve dog health dog security or dog walker safety, as they make more of a difference
Q- Well what about dog health check or dog genetic disease test?
A- We have lots of dog dna test products that screen for known diseases and traits on mixed breed or specific breed dogs. All include the Police DNA Database as part of the packages. You can upgrade to a health add on at no extra cost once you register this pack if you prefer
Q- How is data stored and who has access?
A- The work and database management of Safehaus meet the rigorous standards as set by Policing Standards, Secured By Design and Police Crime Prevention Initiatives, which include certification to the international recognised ISO standard for laboratory operations. We allow the Police or other investigators to search any dog DNA profile against those on our database in order to reunite a recovered dog with its rightful owner
The bottom line here is, now's the time to protect your dog with a DNA swab. So what are you waiting for?